Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

"When the Lord Does Not Open the Door"

www.mybethanybible.org
 
Matthew 25;11-12: Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us! But He answered and said, Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.
When I was a child we had a large picture of Jesus standing at the door and knocking. That comes from the verse in Revelation 3:20---Behold, I stand at the door and knock, if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. The interesting feature of the picture is that there is no door knob. Jesus knocks, but we have to open the door.
If Jesus is so concerned for us that He knocks at our heart's door, then why do we have these verses which make the Lord look rather harsh and uncaring. Jesus is the Bridegroom and the marriage is taking place, yet there are people who would like to enter. He responds that He does not know them. You see, there is a limit to the amount of time that we can decide if we are going to make Jesus our Lord. That limit will come to each of us the day we die, or the day He returns. We need to make that decision now.

No comments:

Post a Comment